Saturday, November 9, 2013

...to continue my trip to DC on day 2 and 3



Well I'm back.  We're on the second day now so the first thing we did was that my family and I went to the kite festival around the Washington monument there were many different colors,shapes,and sizes.











After that we walked to the National museum of American History, we saw interisting and important things about some of the american history it was fun. There was this lady talking about how African Americans had to go to different restaurants as white people. She said that 4 students went to a whites only food counter and asked for some coffee, when asked to leave they refused, this protest was called a "sit-in" and inspired more African American across the south to do the same.
Conestoga wagon was the transportation
 method used by early colonists. 
old train





I was listening carefully to the whole story 


After that we went to the air and space museum, we spend to much time there because my sisters were feeling sick and most of the interactive exhibition were closed. But we still ate lunch there, and this was my second time at this museum. We got back to the hotel and this the end of the second day.








No comments:

Post a Comment